What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Simba Support Services is aware of the increasing concerns around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the community and the impact that it has on our clients and the services we deliver.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a infectious diseases caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Coronavirus was first reported in December 2019 in China. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared Coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic. This means it is a widespread across the world and impacting people in all countries.
When people are infected with COVID-19, they are more likely to experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without special treatment. The virus can spread easily from one person to another person.
What are the symptoms?
Some people may experience, runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrohea, aches and pains.
Image From: Symptoms of COVID-19 can range from mild illness to pneumonia. (Department of Health)
How is Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread?
- COVID-19 spreads through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs, or sneezes.
- Standing within 1 meter of a person with COVID-19. You can catch it by breathing droplets coughs out or exhaled by them.
- To touching contaminated surfaces or objects and then touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
How can I protect myself?
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, using soap and water for least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or flexed elbow, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, sneezing or coughing.
- Stay home when you are ill.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that people frequently touch.
- Only wear a face mask if you have respiratory symptoms or are caring for someone with respiratory symptoms.
For further questions and enquries related to COVID-19, please don’t hesitate to visit the NDIS Coronavirus (COVID-19 information and support).
Please CONTACT SIMBA, if you have any questions related to our services.