Announcement from Director in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Simba Support Services is committed to ensure that the safety of our clients, staff and community are priority.
We are following all information and advice from the Australian Federal Government, The World Health Organization (WHO), the Victoria Department of Health and Human Services and we are meeting the official Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
Simba has developed a Pandemic Response Team (PRT).The PRT is in place to respond to pandemic and the ongoing changes and challenges in these circumstances. This will ensure that Simba develops a timely and comprehensive plan to facilitate a safe environment for our clients and staff.
We are monitoring the situation daily to ensure that our response measures are in place.
Our current response measures include:
- Practicing the official social distancing of 1.5 meters apart.
- Posters on hygiene and hand washing are displayed in all Simba locations.
- Access to a soap, basin, paper towel to wash and dry their hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Timely communication to all our customers via phone, text messages, phone, and updates on the Simba website.
- Official social distancing of 1.5 meters practiced
- Mandatory training on hygiene and hand washing has been completed by all staff to ensure customers are best supported.
- Work from home arrangements have been implemented for staff where it is a suitable option. Non-essential meetings have been cancelled and other meetings are held via
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is being sourced however with a limited stock available.
- If staff or our clients are showing any signs of respiratory symptoms (could, cough or fever), staff will need to inform their manager. Seek medical attention and will not return to work until clearance from medical experts. Our client will be supported to seek medical advice.
This is extremely difficult time for all of our participants, families, carers and employees. We are all in this together and shall overcome this pandemic.
The pandemic crisis and information are changing frequently, and Simba will continue to respond as further information becomes available.
For further support and assistance, call our office on 03 5608 0954.