Protecting yourself from COVID-19
We are committed to protect our clients, staff, carers, and the community. We are confident that we will get through this challenging time if we continue to work together.
One of the best things we can do for ourselves and others is to ensure good hygiene practice, in particular regular washing of hands with soap and water. This will slow the spread of the virus.
Keeping you Safe
- In providing support to our participants. We are aware that often the support may involve person to person contact; for example providing self-care support with meals, drinks or getting dressed. Our staff have been trained to keep our participants safe by:
- Washing their hands / use hand sanitizers before supporting participants
- Encourage and guide participants to minimize touching other people during this period.
If Your feeling sick
- Simba staff will continue to support you if your feeling or unwell.
- Participants are encouraged to seek medical advice and advise Simba if their feeling unwell.
If participant / staff member has Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The PRT has implemented procedures to support participants and staff who have contracted or may contract COVID-19.
- PRT will develop an isolation and quarantine of COVID-19 affected participants and staff.
- Please be aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 and remember if you have not travelled overseas or been in close contact with a person who has been confirmed as having COVID019 your cold/flu symptoms are unlikely to be COVID-19.
We are working with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to support our NDIS participants. The NDIS has information and support available for NDIS participants that cover:
- Latest advice and news
- Information for participants
- Priority home delivery services
- Easy English, AUSLAN and languages other than English support
Visit the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Keeping in Touch
If you are a Simba participant, please ensure that we have all of your up to date contact number, email address and home address. Please provide this information to your support worker or alternatively contact our office on 03 5608 0954 for further support.